- LocationWilliamstown, Vermont
- OwnerTown of Williamstown
- EngineerAldrich & Elliott
Scope of Work
The refurbishment of the Williamstown WWTF involved demolition of the existing headworks and blower building, as well as the construction of a new Control Building, which included:
- New Headworks and Screening Facility
- New Blower Room
- New Chemical Feed Facility
- New Electrical System with Back-Up Power Generation
- New Controls and Building Management Systems
- New Chlorine Contact Basin
Because of site constraints, the new facilities had to be constructed in the same locations as the existing process footprint. This overlap required a temporary Blower System, Influent Sampling, as well as, installation of multiple bypasses for flow diversion during construction.
- Build Temporary Facilities
- Construct New Control building & Chlorine Contact Basin
- Divert flow, Start-Up & Recommission of the Plant
This project reached full completion in June 2017 and over the 11 month period, there were zero accidents.