- LocationHogansburg, New York
- OwnerSaint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Safely Reclaiming Our Waterways
We worked along side Colorado based environmental engineering consultants Ch2m to help the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe in Northern New York State to safely remove the Hogansburg Hydroelectric Dam along the St.Regis River.
This endeavor helped restore access to 555 miles of stream habitat that had previously been impassable by water on the St. Regis River.
According to the US Fish & Wildlife service, the Hogansburg dam is the first hydroelectric dam of it’s kind in New York State to be completely removed.
- Develop containment for work area and demolition
- Demolition of 230 feet of concrete spillway
- Access Road and timber crib dam removal
- Install Containment on the East bank of the river
- Complete spillway demolition